This is the basic of every promotion, promote your content via social media or other channels.
Both the mediums are perfect for self promotion and helps in increasing traffic.
Then why to choose generosity?…Well it’s the secret to successful blogging.
Why to be a generous Blogger?
The same concept of “Scratching each other’s back” applies here. It not only increases your reach but also rewards with time. You build reputation for generosity in the blogging world. The more you give, the more you receive, and more successful and reputed blogger you can be.
Some of the benefits of being a successful blogger are:
Builds Trust: In this age of digitization and marketing, everyone’s eyes are on the most popular thing, whether it is real world or internet. When your audience sees you introducing and promoting others without any selfishness, you show yourself to be sincere. This builds trust with your audience, which is a powerful and valuable.
Makes You More Influential: Supporting other bloggers is a powerful way to influence other bloggers and your audience. Your blog has great unique content, but if you do not engage with your audience, then it’s a waste of time and resource. When you reach out to people to help, your influence also increases.
Strengthens Community: Talent matters but the talented bloggers are not the one who go far, but the one who are kind. Showing kindness is the key to build and strengthen friendship among community. A community always adores and awards the genuine helping bloggers. So don’t be a generous blogger because you want other bloggers to be generous to you.
How you can be Generous Blogger?
- Engage with queries on your site. People generally asks questions in comments, so do try to reply to all genuine comments in you comments.
- Promote other’s content on social media via social share plugins which you use for your own blog posts.
- Give something valuable away like a guide, cheat sheet, eBooks for free.
- Respond to every email in thoughtful manner. If you disagree to the proposal, don’t leave it unanswered.
- Invite another blogger to do guest posting on your site
By just adopting generosity, you can increase your site’s reputation as well as yours, which will directly result in good traffic and increasing followers.